Dapol O&K JHA Yeoman Hoppers 16/10/2020
Expected next month are Dapol's new OO gauge O&K JHA Yeoman Hopper Wagons.
These have proven very popular and Dapol have already sold out. We have a limited number still available, so be sure to pre-order today to secure yours!
The O & K JHA hoppers were built by Orenstein & Koppel to coincide with the introduction of the Class 59’s in the UK for aggregate haulage by Foster Yeoman. They remain in service to date with Mendip Rail Ltd. A rake of these wagons consist of two outer waggons and a number of inner wagons. The notable feature is that the two outer wagons have screw link couplings and buffers on the outer most edge of the train, whilst the connection between inner wagons is a buckeye style coupling allowing closer coupling and hence an overall reduction in length of the train which was considered an important design aim.
The Dapol model of the O & K JHA Hopper will feature:
- Inner and outer versions of the hopper will be produced
- a. Inner wagons without buffers and buckeye couplings
- b. Outer wagons with Lamp, Sprung Buffers and Standard OO model coupling with NEM pocket at one end, other end without buffers and fitted with buckeye couplings.
- Diecast chassis
- Profiled wheels
- Sprung Buffers on outer most
- Close coupling mechanism fitted to both types, capable of operating on minimum of 438mm radius
- Accessory pack to contain two versions of interconnecting pipes: a. Loose, unconnected
- b. Flexible to connect between adjacent wagons
- Working rear lamp on outer most end of the train (DC directional, 6 pin DCC socket for control of lamp) Flashing
- The models will be finished with high level of detail, which will include many separately added details
- Designed from works drawings