Accurascale Announce Class 37 19/11/2019
Accurascale have today announced their latest OO gauge locomotive which is the iconic English Electric Type 3/Class 37 locomotive.
The CAD is largely complete with some tiny corrections required, and a 3D print demonstrating the progress of the Class 37/6 to date will be available to view on the Accurascale stand at the Warley Show this weekend.
Prices are £169.99 for DCC ready, and £259.99 for the DCC sound fitted versions.
Expected Q4 2020
All versions are available to pre-order now on our website CLICK HERE TO PRE-ORDER
A definitive model of the English Electric Class 37 has been a long time coming. Accurascale is proud to bring this stalwart of over six decades of service to 4mm scale modellers in a multitude of different builder, era and locomotive-specific options. Accurascale’s initial focus will be on the very beginning and the current era, bookending the careers of these locomotives. This will consist of the first of these charismatic locomotives in service, and the 37/6 variant. Both variants feature specific details never replicated in previous generation ready-to-run Class 37s.
Accurascale will take its experience and technology for other locomotive projects such as the Class 55 Delitc, the Class 92 Electric and sister brand IRM’s Irish Outline ‘A Class’ locomotive and apply its same top standards to produce the ultimate class 37. This will include all wheel drive, helical hearing, full and accurate lighting packages as per prototypes, stay-alive powerpack to provide excellent performance over dirty track, large 5 pole centrally mounted can motor with twin flywheels and a heavy metal chassis with heavy metal thrash provided by ESU Loksound 5 and twin speaker arrangements in sound variants.
Class 37 Specification
- Highly detailed OO scale model, 1:76.2
- Heavy die-cast metal chassis
- Provided DCC ready [21Pin MTX Socket] or Factory DCC Sound Fitted [ESU LokSound 5]
- Accurate tumbleholme, nose, cab roof and cantrail curves taken from 3D scan
- Timeframe specific details, including but not limited to;
- Bogies (Fabricated and three variations of Cast)
- Fuel tanks (As built and with later smooth-sided long range fuel tank)
- Early Class 37/0 features frost grille, boiler filler panel and access steps
- Early Class 37/0 features illuminated split headcode displays with a selection of different four-character headcodes
- Class 37/6 have operational WIPAC light clusters and top headlight and numerous different nose slides all including multiple working socket
- Three styles of buffer: large round Oleo, oval and squared oval
- Three styles of nose grilles: as built, refurbished ‘split’ and refurbished ‘single piece’
- Boiler exhaust, and two styles of plated boiler panel
- With or without bufferbeam skirts
- With or without cab roof vents and bodyside windows
- Nose and roof aerials and antennas (where applicable)
- Three styles of windscreen: standard, centre toughened and all toughened
- Three styles of cab interior: as built, refurbished and modern DRS locos
- Four bufferbeam variations with different piping configurations
- Door kickplates where applicable
- Multiple body and nose slides to accurately represent almost every member of the class, including three variations of cantrail grille: early EE (for D6700-D6704), later EE and RSH
- Four roof styles: Original double riveted, single riveted, welded and welded with antennas
- Separately applied etched metal and high fidelity plastic detail parts, including grab handles, aerials, steps, wipers, nameplates, crests and more.
- Etched metal door kickplates (where applicable), ‘frost’ grille (where applicable) & super fine etched metal roof grille
- Scale width wire handrails
- Turned brass roof-mounted horns on centre headcode examples
- Full underbody tank detail with brackets and pipework
- Bogies feature separate footsteps, brake cylinders, speed recorder, end brake rigging and very fine brake chain
- Brake blocks on trucks (bogies) in line with wheels (can be moved for EM/P4 gauges)
- Numerous other locomotive-specific details yet to be revealed!
- RP25-110 profile OO gauge wheels with fine scale ‘drop in’ EM (18.2mm gauge) and P4 (18.83mm gauge) wheels available separately
- Accurate high-fidelity miniature snowploughs
- Fully sprung metal buffers, extra-fine factory-installed pipework and screw couplings
- Correct height mini-tension-lock couplers with NEM socket as well as a fully detailed bufferbeam
- High Performance traction, to include; High-quality five-pole motor with two flywheels Metal Helical Gear box for maximum performance and slow speed running Gearing arranged so locomotive can achieve a scale top speed of 100 mph (160 km/h) DCC ready with PowerPack capacitor for uninterrupted power All wheel drive and all wheel pickup
- Fully detailed Lighting Pack, including: Directional lighting, DC and DCC WIPAC light clusters where appropriate with day and night-time settings Separately switched cab lighting and illuminated, details driver’s console, auto off on movement Switchable red tail lights
- RP25-110 wheels OO wheels with provision for re-gauging to p4 and EM gauge
- Two quality speakers with large sound capsules for best possible sound (*on sound fitted models)
- Minimum Radius 438mm (2nd Radius Set-track)