O Gauge Class 66 02/11/2019
Dapol has announced this morning it is developing an O gauge model of the Class 66 Co-Co diesel-electric locomotive, with CAD artwork nearing completion and tooling soon to commence.
Initially six models are to be produced plus one model exclusive to Rails of Sheffield
Rails exclusive Class 66 779 'Evening Star' GBRF BR Green livery Diesel Locomotive
This model is available to Pre-order DCC Ready, DCC Fitted and DCC Sound fitted!
Other standard versions available to pre-order:
- Class 66 001 EWS Livery
- Class 66 504 Freightliner Powerhaul Livery
- Class 66 709 GBRF Sorrento MSC Livery
- Class 66 421 New DRS Livery
- Class 66 789 GBRF 'British Rail 1948-1997' BR Blue Large Logo
- Class 66 783 GBRF Biffa 'The Flying Dustman'
These models are available to Pre-order DCC Ready and DCC fitted (Sound versions available from Dapol direct).
The Dapol Class 66 O Gauge model will have the following features:
- Operating front/rear lights (independent operation for DCC, (switched for DC use) Includes day/night mode)
- Operating ‘side’ lights (where lighting cluster is applicable)
- Cab light (independent operation)
- Illuminated cab control panel
- Two motors (balanced & matched) for maximum pulling power and slow speed running control
- DC control switches to be accessible via lift-off roof panel.
- DCC Ready (21 pin) with DCC fitted options available
Chassis & Body
- Etched grills with ‘through body transparency
- Separate detail (Handrails, Handles, Grills etc.)
- Heavyweight Diecast chassis
- Diecast bogie frames
- Sprung centre wheel
- Rotating axle centres
- Appropriate couplings attached
- O gauge society wheel profiles
- Sprung buffers
- Expertly applied liveries