LNER Queen of Scots Train Pack - Limited Edition - OO Gauge By Hornby | Code: R3402
|Product category||Train Packs|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
The ‘Queen of Scots’ service commenced in 1928, but its development can be traced back to Grouping, in 1923, when the fledgling LNER acquired a number of Great Eastern Pullmans. Instead of allocating them on a piecemeal basis, as the GER had done, the LNER’s management decided to open up a new luxury service to Newcastle, via Leeds and Harrogate.
The Harrogate Pullman was a success and the route was extended to Edinburgh, running non-stop from Kings Cross to Harrogate from the autumn of 1925. From May 1, 1928, when two new 8 car, all-steel Pullman K type sets were introduced for a route extension to Glasgow and the ‘Queen of Scots’ service commenced
Hauled initially by the Ivatt Atlantics, by 1935 the 400 ton, ten car train necessitated the use of A1, A3 and A4 locomotives and even Gresley’s W1 design was allocated at times. At Leeds, two cars were detached from the service, leaving eight to continue on the journey.
This train pack recreates the service in the second half of the 1930s, with Gresley ‘A4’ 4-6-2 4500 Garganey in LNER garter blue, which will be accompanied by all-steel K-Type Brake Third 'No. 77', Kitchen First 'Thelma' and Parlour First 'Sheila'. Roofboards will be fitted to each carriage and a headboard for the ‘A4’ will be included as a separate fitting to complete the model.
- 'A4’ 4-6-2 4500 Garganey in LNER garter blue
- All-steel K-Type Brake Third 'No. 77'
- All-steel K-Type Kitchen First 'Thelma'
- All-steel K-Type Parlour First 'Sheila'
Suitable sound decoder 55465-8 with speaker 50333, Fitting DCCSSFIT
- Wainwright H Class 0-4-4T Late BR Train Pack - Limited Edition
- Peppercorn 2-6-0 K1 Class Freight Pack (North of England late 1940s)
- Collett 2-8-2T Class 72xx Freight Pack (South and Mid Wales late 1950s)
- LMS Suburban Passenger Train Pack - Limited Edition
- GWR HST 125 Train Pack - Limited Edition
- Lyme Regis Branch Line Train Pack - Limited Edition
- Hitachi IEP Bi-Mode Class 800/0 GWR 5 Car Train Pack
- EWS Freight Train Pack - Limited Edition
- Eurostar Class 373 2013 4 Car Train Pack
- Golden Arrow Last Steam Run Train Pack - Limited Edition
- The Bristolian Train Pack - Limited Edition
- Tyseley Connection 'Pitchford Hall' Train Pack - Limited Edition of 1000
- Pullman, 5-BEL 'Brighton Belle' Train Pack
- The 15 Guinea Special Train Pack
- Class 43 HST Virgin Rail East Coast with TTS Sound
- GWR, IEP Bi-Mode Class 800/0 'Queen Elizabeth II' & 'Queen Victoria' Train Pack
- GWR Great Western High Speed Train HST Complete Seven Car Set (DCC Ready)
- 'Going Home’ - 1945-2015: 70th Anniversary of the end of the Second World War Train Pack - Limited Edition
- 1940: Return from Dunkirk Train Pack - Limited Edition