BR 4-6-2 Britannia Class 'Robin Hood' 70038 Locomotive (Static Diecast Model) - Any Scale By Corgi | Code: ST97703
|Product category||Steam Locos/Engines|
|Product scale||Any Scale|
Rail Legends, is a superbly detailed collection of static die-cast locomotives marking the golden age of British steam. Each model comes with a rail track effect plinth and clear plastic presentation case from which the locomotive can be detached.
In total there were only fifty-five Standard Class 7 (Britannia Class) locomotives ever produced, all built at the British Railways Crewe works. Construction of the first Britannia was completed on the 2nd January 1951 with the first recorded journey taking place in the form of a test run between Crewe and Carlisle at 12:50 on 11th January 1951. The test load was four-hundred and forty tons of empty rolling stock including a dynameter car which recorded a maximum speed of 75mph. 'Robin Hood' was the thirty-ninth Standard Class 7 to be built and entered into traffic on 29th January 1953, almost exactly two years after the first ever Britannia entered service.
No.70038 spent the first part of its working life in North London and East Anglia serving the East Coast mainline. 'Robin Hood' spent its last four years working out of Carlisle before sadly being sold for scrap to J. McWilliams of Shettleston in January 1968.
- BR Blue 4-6-2 'Prince of Wales' A3 Class Locomotive 60054 (Static Diecast Model)
- LNER 4-6-2 'Call Boy' A3 Class 4-6-2 Locomotive 2795 (Static Diecast Model)
- BR Blue A3 Class 'Trigo' 60084 4-6-2 Locomotive , circa 1949-52 (Static Diecast Model)
- BR Green 4-6-2 Britannia Class 'Britannia' 70000, circa 2012 (Static Diecast Model)
- BR Green 4-6-2 Britannia Class 'Charles Dickens' 70033 (Static Diecast Model)
- BR 4-6-2 A4 Class 'Union of South Africa' Locomotive 60009 -A4 Gathering 2013 (Static Diecast Model)