BR 4-6-2 '603 Squadron' '34077' Battle of Britain Class - Rebuilt
Known collectively as Light Pacifics, the Southern Railway West Country and Battle of Britain classes were originally designed as air-smoothed 4-6-2 Pacific locomotives by the Southern Railway’s Chief Mechanical Engineer, Oliver Bulleid. Designed to be lighter in weight than the similar Merchant Navy class, they could be used on a wider variety of routes, including the Kent coast and South West of England. In 1941, the Southern Railway placed an order for twenty locomotives, of an unspecified design, to replace the ageing T9 Class in the West Country but with no spare capacity at Brighton Works, it was 1943 before Bulleid proposed a mixed traffic locomotive design, based on his existing Merchant Navy class, but shorter, lighter and with a smaller tender.
|Product category||Steam Locos/Engines|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
Customers Also Bought
- Train Tech DS1L DCC Signal (LH Feather) ... £30.60
- Train Tech DS8 DCC Signal - Caution Shun... £24.00
- Train Tech DS6 DCC Signal - Dual Head Ho... £32.00
- LMS Corridor Brake 3rd Class '5726', Cr... £37.50
- LMS Corridor 3rd Class '1745', Crimson ... £37.50
- LMS Corridor 1st Class '1041', Crimson ... £37.50
- BR Mk1 Parcels Coach 'E24693', Maroon (... £32.50
- GWR Mk3 Coach Standard Open (TSO) *2017... £27.50
- GWR Mk3 Coach Trailer Guard Standard (TG... £27.50
- GWR Mk3 Coach Buffet (TRUB) £27.50
We urgently require collections of any size to maintain our substantial stocks of secondhand railways.
Get your orders Gift Wrapped
Buy & Send Vouchers
Security & Privacy
Find us on Facebook
Become a fan of Rails of Sheffield on Facebook and find out first about special offers and vouchers.
Follow us on Twitter
To get all of the latest news straight away, you can follow us on twitter.
Read more about Twitter and Rails of Sheffield.
Clubs & Societies
Find and share your local Clubs & Societies.
Do you want to create your own Wish List? All you have to do is register for an account. It's quick, free and easy.