NEW Marklin/Trix Flying Scotsman
Posted by Warren Bennett on
The 24th of February 2023 marked 100 years since the world's most famous steam locomotive the Flying Scotsman entered service.
The celebrate this Marklin are producing 2 models in HO Gauge:
DC/2 Rail Version (Trix)
AC/3 Rail Version (Marklin)
Marklin are proud to announce that this special limited edition locomotive will be released in both 2-rail and 3-rail variants under the Trix and Marklin brands, with the Trix version being able to run on OO and HO tracks.
This makes this announcement even more exciting as it will appeal to collectors and modellers alike, a chance to own a truly remarkable model.
Not only being produced to Marklin's exceptional running quality, these models are also coming packed with features, including full DCC Sound and a smoke generator as standard. The factory-installed smoke unit has a speed-dependent, dynamic smoke exhaust that can be controlled digitally. Other features include:
- The locomotive has an mfx+ digital decoder and extensive light and sound functions
- It also has a controlled, high-efficiency motor with a flywheel in the boiler
- Adjustable close coupling with a guide mechanism between the loco and tender
- The back of the tender has a close coupler with an NEM pocket
- The buffer height on the locomotive and tender adheres to the NEM
- Brake hoses, imitation prototype couplers, and closed cylinder covers are included
British steam locomotives have always missed out on factory-fitted lighting, until now! This model features a large variety of lighting functions and options, never before seen on an RTR British model including:
- Dual headlights on the locomotive change over with the direction of travel
- Additional lamp on the rear of the tender
- These lights will work in conventional operation and can be controlled digitally
- The lamp on the back of the tender can be switched to a red light
- A third headlight on the front of the locomotive can be controlled separately as an electric lamp and it can also be changed to red
- Controllable cab lighting
- This model also includes a flickering firebox light - also controllable
- Additional lighting is also present on the tender corridor