*EXCLUSIVE* Accurascale PFA
IN STOCK NOW!
Triple Pack with RJB Containers - £74.95!
Exclusive to Rails of Sheffield
Low production run, ordering soon is highly recommended.
Order today at £74.95 for this exclusive triple pack of PFA 2 Axle Container Flat Wagons with RJB Coal Containers!
The pack will contain three individually numbered wagons:
- Limited Edition certificate
Accurascale PFA wagon Product Specification:
- Pack of three wagons, each with individual running number and decoration
- Highly detailed, accurate scale model
- Factory-fitted detail parts (brake pipes, lamp irons, etc.)
- Factory-fitted pipework
- Sprung Metal buffers
- Separate, interchangeable containers (three included)
- Fully detailed under-frame (including brake rigging and hangers)
- Blackened metal 12.6mm 3-hole disc wheels on metal axles, RP25.110 profile sets with 14.4mm back-to-backs and 26mm over pinpoints
- NEM coupler pockets fitted with narrow tension lock couplers on flexible mounts to facilitate fixed coupling if desired
- Die-cast chassis for ideal weight
- Designed for easy conversion to EM and P4 gauge track
These diminutive items of rolling stock have been a common sight on the railway network ever since they entered service in December 1986. A total of 172 were constructed by The Standard Railway Wagon Company for Cawoods Coal Ltd. A portion of the fleet was acquired by British Fuels Ltd., in the mid 1990's and could be seen carrying that company's distinctive Red containers throughout Northern England and Scotland. A sizeable number of the fleet were also transferred to British Gypsum, which used the PFA's to carry purpose-built Gypsum containers on flows throughout England.
In the early 2000's Direct Rail Services purchased several PFA wagons for use as container carriers and spacer wagons in the transportation of radioactive waste from nuclear power stations throughout the country, a task they are still in use for today.